Retro Pixel Characters
A downloadable asset pack
Unity Package requires Unity 5.6.3 or higher. PSD and PNG files are included for use with other engines!
Retro Pixel Characters - top-down, customizable characters inspired by classic, 16-bit JRPGs.
Version 1.4: Added new Orca hairstyle and Paladin Armor outfit.
Version 1.3: Updated PlayerController2D script and added sample blend trees (Stand, Walk, Run) to the sample animator (Unity Package only.)
Version 1.2: Added tintable clothes: shirt, pants and shoes/socks!
Version 1.1: Added new "Bat" hair and "Rhino" helmet, based on the new Retro Pixel Bosses pack!
Retro Pixel Characters features customizable male and female pixel art characters, with an array of movement, battle and emote animations. Choose between variations in skin tone, eye color, outfit and hairstyle/hair color. With a sample controller script and the SpriteSkin script, you've got a solid starting point for building the visuals and logic for your very own, 16-bit inspired characters!
- Male and female bases, with 4 skin tone variations.
- Full set of .PNG spritesheets and source .PSD files included.
- Full set of prefabs, set up to use the sample scripts and with proper sorting.
- 8 different eye colors.
- 6 outfits; default (w/ tintable versions), warrior, wizard, ranger, paladin and monk.
- 8 hairstyles with 8 color variants per style.
- Use color picker to make custom hairstyle hues!
- Sample sword and crossbow, for battle animations.
- 15 total animations, including:
Idle, Walk, Run, Lying, Dead, Shake Head, Nod, Shock, Cheer/Happy, Sit Idle, Swing Attack, Shoot Attack, Spell Chant, Damage and Hurt.
- Fewer animations than Retro 2D Characters to make room for more detailed movement, attack and idle anims.
- Sample controller script with 4 directional stand, walk and run states.
- Use the included Animator as base for setting up characters for your game.
- SpriteSkin script effortlessly switches spritesheets at run-time, requiring only one set of animations for all spritesheets.
- Child objects use script to sync to the character base animations.
Please note that you must read and accept the EULA among the demo downloads below before purchasing and using the contents of the pack.
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $12.50 USD. You will get access to the following files: