Retro 2D Characters
A downloadable asset pack
Unity Package requires Unity 2018.3.5 or higher. PSD and PNG files are included for use with other engines!
Retro 2D Characters - Top-down character sprites with 23 animations and tons of variation!
Update 1.9: Added new Cleric Robes outfit. Added new Hyena and Panda hairstyles.
Update 1.81 (Unity): Component offset changed to use Z-axis instead of sort order, for compatibility with future pack. Your project needs the following settings to work:
Project Settings > Graphics Settings > Transparency Sort Mode: Custom Axis
Transparency Sort Axis: X:0 Y:1 Z:-0.49
Retro 2D Characters features male and female pixel art characters with variations in outline style, outfit, hairstyle, eye color and skin tone. These characters are inspired by classic, 16-bit era RPGs/JRPGs. They feature 23 total animations, from walking to jumping, nodding, sword swinging, taking damage, carrying (oversized vegetables?) and more!
Please note that no scripts for sprite sheet combining are included in the pack.
- Male and Female base characters
- 512x512 sprite sheets and source .PSD's included!
- Black and colored outline styles
- 4 skin tone variations
- 8 eye color variations
- 7 outfits.
- 12 hairstyles, 8 color variations per style
- 6 sample weapons, for battle animations
- 23 total animations, including:
- Stand, walk, stand carrying, walk carrying, run, jump, fall, nod, shake head, blink, lying, wave, sit, sit blink, ready stance, damage, hurt/crouch, swing attack, shoot attack, spell chant, shock, sad and happy.
- Sample controller script with 4 directional stand, walk and run states.
- Use the included Animator as base for setting up characters for your game.
- SpriteSkin script effortlessly switches spritesheets at run-time, requiring only one set of animations for all spritesheets.
- Child objects use script to sync to the character base animations.
Please note that you must read and accept the EULA among the demo downloads below before purchasing and using the contents of the pack.
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $12.50 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.