Retro 2D Characters
A downloadable asset pack
Unity Package requires Unity 5.6.3 or higher. PSD and PNG files are included for use with other engines!
Retro 2D Characters - Top-down character sprites with 23 animations and tons of variation!
Update 1.81 (Unity): Component offset changed to use Z-axis instead of sort order, for compatibility with future pack. Your project needs the following settings to work:
Project Settings > Graphics Settings > Transparency Sort Mode: Custom Axis
Transparency Sort Axis: X:0 Y:1 Z:-0.49
Version 1.8: Added new Ferret and Alpaca hairstyles. Unity package: you can now make custom hairstyle hues with Unity's color picker!
Version 1.7: Added new Orca hairstyle and Paladin Armor outfit.
Retro 2D Characters features male and female pixel art characters with variations in outline style, outfit, hairstyle, eye color and skin tone. These characters are inspired by classic, 16-bit era RPGs/JRPGs. They feature 23 total animations, from walking to jumping, nodding, sword swinging, taking damage, carrying (oversized vegetables?) and more!
Please note that no scripts for sprite sheet combining are included in the pack.
- Male and Female base characters
- 512x512 sprite sheets and source .PSD's included!
- Black and colored outline styles
- 4 skin tone variations
- 8 eye color variations
- 6 outfits; default (w/ tintable, separate parts), warrior, wizard, monk, paladin & ranger
- 10 hairstyles, 8 color variations per style
- 6 sample weapons, for battle animations
- 23 total animations, including:
- Stand, walk, stand carrying, walk carrying, run, jump, fall, nod, shake head, blink, lying, wave, sit, sit blink, ready stance, damage, hurt/crouch, swing attack, shoot attack, spell chant, shock, sad and happy.
- Organized folder structure with each element and its variations in .PNG files. Overlay outfits, hairs, etc. directly in your game!
Please note that you must read and accept the EULA among the demo downloads below before purchasing and using the contents of the pack.
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $12.50 USD. You will get access to the following files: